Thursday, March 23, 2017

Charcoal Portraits (Doctor Who Actors)

These are some charcoal portraits I did of actors from the classic and new Doctor Who television program.  Some of these came out better than others.


ABOVE: Capaldi, the 12th Doctor.  I am not happy with how he came out.


ABOVE: Barrowman was a companion on Doctor Who and the lead actor in Torchwood.  He came out pretty well, I think.


ABOVE: Tennant played the 10th incarnation of the Doctor though I drew him more in the style of Broadchurch.  I rather like how he came out.


ABOVE: McCoy is the seventh Doctor.  Again I am unhappy with how he came out.


ABOVE:  The work in progress of the second Doctor.


ABOVE: Troughton as the second Doctor.  I rather like this one.  Though his eyes are still wrong.


ABOVE:  An absolutely horrible drawing of Moffett as Jenny, the Doctor's daughter.  I feel bad for drawing her so poorly.  Especially the nose.

ABOVE:  Lastly an attempt to draw multiple characters at once.  It did not turn out as I would have liked.  Again, I failed at drawing Georgia Moffett correctly.  Gomex and Coleman are mediocre at best.  I really need to improve my charcoal drawing ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment